Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Hair Cut










My long blonde hair passed away on Friday May 21st at 4pm. Survivors of this passing is Lauren Drury the hair's owner. Unfortunately this passing was not a surprise to many but took much courage for the hair to forfeit it's life over for the fight against stupid cancer. My long blonde hair was a companion that I loved and cared for deeply. Throughout the many years of dying it multiple colors my hair still stood by me with confidence ready for the next adventure. It held it's blonde color with pride and took complements with ease, always making me feel good about myself. My long blonde hair has helped me build up confidence and has never left me wanting more style, thickness, or beauty. The words “bad hair day” are not in my long blonde hair's vocabulary! I only have many wonderful memories about my long blonde hair and will miss it everyday that it is gone. I know my hair wasn't prepared for cancer and me as well, but God has his own special plan for my life and if he doesn't reunite me with my glorious, lovely, vivacious, thick, blonde hair I might have a word with him. It has been a long journey hair and I love you so much, just know you will be missed and the second I have a chance to grow you out again I will!

3 comments:

  1. You look great Lauren...like America's Next Top Model when Tyra makes all the girls cut their hair real short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren your new 'do' looks great. My friend went through chemo for breast cancer, 15 years ago now, and she's cancer free today. When her hair grew back it came in curly and beautiful. Her hair has since returned to her previous. The curly effect has been experienced by a number of my friends who went through chemo; then returns to norm. Hang in there kiddo.
    Cus'in Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girl... if anyone can pull this look off it is YOU! You look great! Just want you to know, Kevin and I are thinking of you and sending our best!

    ReplyDelete